Chevre Chaud Salad -The Lazy Womans Edition
One of my favorite salads is the Chevre Chaud Salad, or as you may call it in english: Goat Cheese Salad! It can be made in so many different ways but here's the easy every day version that doesn't require much effort in order to get an effortless look and taste.
This Chevre Chaud Salad takes: 20 min. to prepare
serves: 2-3 persons
- 1 role of goat cheese
- 2-3 slices of bread (I used toast bread but you can use whatever you prefer)
- 1 pack serrano ham
- Salad (I used spinach but use what you prefer)
- 1 pack of walnuts
- 1/2 onion
- 1 apple
- balsamic glaze (as I said, this is the lazy woman's version so I bought mine in the supermarket!)
- pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees and while it heats up slice the salad, apple and onion in the size you prefer.
- slice the goat cheese. My rule of thumb is that the slice has to be a thick as my thumb (get it ;)). Cut the bread into small squares and add a sliced piece of goat cheese on top of it. bake the pieces in the oven until the goat cheese if slighty melted and crunch on the top
- Fry the Serrano ham until it's crisp
- Mix it all together in a bowl and serve with the glaze on top!